January 06, 2005

im not lost

All that is gold does not glitter; not all those that wander are lost.
J R R Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring, 1954British scholar & fantasy novelist (1892 - 1973)

im not lost.
really!

as our dear tolkien has said
not all those that wander are lost.

indeed i am a wonderer
and yes im still wondering to much disapproving head-shakes from my teachers and elders

being a wanderer has its ups and downs
at least im not tied down to the basics of life itself and life as a way it is expected to be in this era

im free to do whatever that pleases me even if it does cost me much which i humbly admit
studies and employment are the very thing i distaste
thats why im utterly poor at these 2 basic aspects of life in the modern world
i merely hit a just pass grade and im delighted
i earn S$300 plus and im glad i pulled through the part-time job

im the perfect example of failure as my peers see me
im the hopeless case of a falling youth as my teachers see me
im the case of a failed child in the elders eyes

i dont like that either
i tried truly but i cant let go of this fact of life i enjoy
the surprises and humble happiness i see everyday
simple things bring joy
simple things bring grief
simple is the way i like things to be.

21012005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home